Dr. Elizabeth Board, MD, DABA, IFMCP, ABIHM
Dr. Elizabeth Board is the second Medical Doctor in Georgia to become board certified by the Institute for Functional Medicine (IFMCP). She is also the founder of Atlanta Functional Medicine located in Alpharetta, Georgia. Dr. Board is a highly trained physician, not only in Functional Medicine, but also in Pain Management, Medical Acupuncture, Anesthesiology, and Neuro-Endo-Immune Certified.
After practicing as a Pain Management Physician, Dr. Board developed an interest in alternative methods of bringing about pain relief without placing patients on large doses of drugs that lead to dependence or cause sedation. This led her to Acupuncture and Functional Medicine.
As a former faculty member at both Emory and Stanford medical schools, Dr. Board is passionate about teaching her patients and other physicians. Her informative talks include topics regarding polycystic ovarian syndrome, healthy aging, osteoporosis treatment, and opiate free pain management. Dr. Board has been teaching practitioners in the Armed Forces through a program with IFM. She has served as a mentor and is a frequent facilitator for IFM.
Patients find Dr. Board to be very enthusiastic, informative and compassionate. Her clinical assessments and carefully tailored therapies are based on being “precise, personalized, and proactive”. You’ll find Dr. Board feeds her “hungry brain” by attending educational conferences, reviewing latest research and listening carefully to her patients experiences to remain fully informed.
- Board Certified in Pain Medicine
- Board Certified in Anesthesiology
- Certified in Medical Acupuncture
- Neuro-Endo-Immune Certification
- Certified through the Institute for Functional Medicine
- Emory University – BS
- Emory University Medical School – MD
- Internship in Internal Medicine
- Residency in Anesthesiology
- Grady Hospital – Obstetric Anesthesiology Fellowship
- Stanford University School of Medicine – Pain Medicine Fellowship
- Helms Medical Institute – Medical acupuncture, privileges through Georgia Board of Medicine
- Institute for Functional Medicine
- United States Air Force Academy
AWARDS & SPECIAL HONORS:
- Assistant Professor in The Department of Anesthesiology for Emory University School of Medicine 1998–1999
- Stanford University School of Medicine Pain Management Center Teaching Staff 2002
MEMBERSHIPS & AFFILIATIONS:
- Diplomat, American Board of Anesthesiology
- Member, Institute for Functional Medicine
- Affiliate Member, American Academy of Medical Acupuncture
What Patients Love About Dr. Board
Besides being a highly qualified Physician with extensive training in both mainstream and alternative medical disciplines, Dr. Board has a remarkable “bedside manner”. With empathy, Dr. Board takes the time to really “hear” each patient. She truly cares and tirelessly works to find solutions to the patient’s healthcare challenges.
By the time a patient walks through the doorway of an Integrative practice, he or she often has a long history of going from doctor to doctor in search of elusive solutions to chronic issues. Dr. Board’s patients are instantly put at ease with her kind and gentle manner. Dr. Board engenders a confidence within her patients that the healing process will continue, and they look forward to coming back.