Dr. Mark Beirne is a General Practice physician who specializes in Non-Surgical Bariatric Weight Loss Treatment, Travel Medicine, Addiction Medicine, and Emergency Medicine. Dr. Beirne also teaches Biology at Georgia State University.
Travel medicine or emporiatrics is the branch of medicine that deals with the prevention and management of health concerns related to international travel. Dr. Beirne is an expert in destination specific health risks and preventative measures. He is able to address and respond to travelers’ disease, epidemic and vaccination issues, and monitors governmental and regulatory agencies such as the CDC and WHO. Dr. Beirne has traveled internationally and had the privilege of practicing in both rural and urban areas.
- Physician Assessment and Clinical Education Program (PACE)
- Clinical Competency Course in Family Medicine
- University of California, San Diego, CA
- Attained highest level of recommendation
- St. Vincent’s Hospital & Medical Center (Manhattan) Transitional Program
- Saint Louis University School of Medicine, Doctor of Medicine
- Indiana University, B.S. – Biology & Chemistry
- American Society of Bariatric Physicians (ASBP)