Dr. Curtis graduated from the University of Nebraska Medical Center, with a Masters of Science in Physician Assistant Studies. She then went on to complete her Doctorate of Naturopathy for Health Care Professionals. In 2014, Dr. Curtis became one of only three Georgia doctors Certified in Functional Medicine.
Her twenty years of integrative medical experience includes: training in otolaryngology surgery, integrative medicine, functional medicine, naturopathy, plastic surgery, pain management, family practice, clinical medical research, and community health.
“My goal is to practice quality medicine which combines my allopathic training (western) and naturopathic training resulting in total wellness. I truly believe that each one of us has the innate wisdom and abilities to heal from within, on a physical and emotional level, as well as a spiritual level. When our bodies are coordinated physically, emotionally and spiritually, we heal faster and become healthier. I look forward to collaborating with you in making a change to a healthier lifestyle.” Dr. Sonza Curtis
- National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
- Certified through the Institute for Functional Medicine in Functional Medicine
- Natural Wellness
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- University of Nebraska Medical Center – MS, Physician Assistant Studies (with honors)
- Clayton College of Natural Health – ND, Doctorate of Naturopathy (with honors)
AWARDS & SPECIAL HONORS:
- Graduated with high honors in doctoral program
- Goodrich Scholar
MEMBERSHIPS & AFFILIATIONS:
- Member, American Association of Naturopathic Practitioners
- Member, American College for Advancement in Medicine
- Member, American Holistic Medical Association
- Member, Institute for Functional Medicine
- Member, National Association of Professional Women
- Member, Georgia Association of Physician Assistants
- Safe House Advisory Board
- Live Living Advisory Board
- Anti-Aging Treatments
- Chronic Disease Management
- Clinical Nutrition and Food Allergies
- Comprehensive Functional Medicine Assessments and Treatment
- FirstLine Therapy and Weight Management
- Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Mind Body Treatment and Therapy
- Otolaryngology Surgery
- Preventative Healthcare
- Rejuvenation Therapy
- Women’s Wellness Program
Dr. Curtis’ decision to choose the fields of Functional Medicine and Naturopathy allowed her to break away from conventional medicine, which she felt was somewhat fragmented and “missing something.” She believes finding the underlying cause of an ailment should be the first step in treatment rather than immediately masking the problem with pharmaceuticals.
Dr. Curtis utilizes her expertise in holistic medicine for weight loss and proper nutrition by using natural hormonal therapies. Her philosophy focuses on educating patients about disease prevention and modification within the integrative model of medicine. She believes there can be many elements or influences that can affect a person’s overall health. In order to understand what they are, Dr. Curtis begins by evaluating a patient’s mind, body, and spirit. She feels optimum health can truly be acquired through the integration of all systems after each are individually assessed and healed.
What Patients Love About Dr. Curtis
Dr. Sonza Curtis believes that each one of us has the innate wisdom and ability to heal from within. Her goal is to treat the whole person on a physical, emotional and spiritual level to achieve optimal health. By blending her allopathic or traditional medical training with naturopathic knowledge, Dr. Curtis can help large numbers of people successfully eliminate chronic infections, unending hormonal symptoms and other countless chronic problems. Her personal warmth, positive attitude and good humor put her patients at ease. She enjoys a good laugh and making others smile.
At an early age, Dr. Curtis was influenced by the natural healing techniques of her great- grandmother who was an herbalist and midwife. With an open-minded perspective from having grown up in Germany, a passion was ignited within Dr. Curtis to blend the wisdom of natural medicine with the scientific foundation of western biomedicine.